Sunday, March 25, 2012

Our House is Officially Warm! Another Great Weekend!

We had a GREAT (and busy) weekend!!!

Friday: 

In honor of our apartment coming together, Seth and I decided to have a little "house warming party".  Since things have been so crazy with leaving the country for 3 months, and then straight into wedding planning, we had a lot of catching up to do! I didn't really know how many people to expect, but we ended up having about 35!! I had SO much fun catching up, and meeting some of Seth's buddies!  The little party went perfect...so if you could't make it...here are some pictures!

Here is the spread!

 Mini- Strawberry Shortcake bites

Paula Deen's own Krispy Kream Bread Pudding: Warning...SO GOOD!

Homemade Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Funfetti Cupcakes with Funfetti Icing! YUM!

Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies

I tried to capture who was all there..with very little success...but here is my darling husband and Chad and Sara Spitzer! We love them! 

 Some of my London girls!

 

 The Football Wives!!!

 Apparently the treats were a hit!


Saturday:

Saturday was so fun! It was a packed day! We started off with the BYU Spring Ball game were Seth did a great job! He got a lot of playing time and got a great tackle (not to mention lots of scrapes!)
GO #38!




PROBERT! This is for Seth's grandpa Marion Probert who was an All- American athlete



Seth's uncle and cousin came down to support!


 Seth and his buddy Tanner (Who actually served with my brother Nick in Mongolia...small world!)


Right after the game Seth's uncle took us to Five Guys Bugers (my first time) and we drove up to Centerville for Seth's Grandma's 80th birthday! 

'
Grandma and Grandpa Winter---love em! Lookin good!

The grandmas LOVE massages from Seth

 They had a ptohobooth at the party and Seth's cousin Parker by far had the best one! This still makes me laugh and I have seen in like ten times!



After the birthday party we went up to Park City where Seth's Aunt and Uncle Hansen had a time share at the Marriott right on the resort! We had such a great time with his cousins and new friends hot tubbing on the mountain, watching movies and chowing on tons of snacks, candy and pizza!


Sunday:

Seth and I have really liked our new ward!  It is really small though, so we knew we would be asked to speak very soon! And...here we are...giving our first talk as a married couple! We spoke on how trials and tribulations bring us closer to the Lord through trust.  We both wrote our talks before church...but it was okay because we don't start until 2:30! Crazy! After church we went to family dinner at my Aunts house and loved catching up with the family! 

(Excuse the sketchy red cup!)
Life is good!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I was so sad I couldn't make it!! I need some Steph time though... like NEED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blog and cutest newlyweds! hope you don't mind me stopping by your blog, i'm a friend of Alexis's and saw you blog update on Facebook! you are beautiful, hope you are enjoying married life! happy blogging xo

    ReplyDelete